Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000
What leads to QuickBooks Error 6000
- Damage in the company files may be the cause of .
- If the server connection is not active.
- When the company files are used by multiple users.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks.
- You are unable to access the company file due to the blockage by security software.
- When the location of the company file has been changed.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000?
Below are the solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 6000:
Solution 1: Repair the damage folder
- Make a new folder on
- Launch the folder where you have saved your company file.
- Place the .
- Choose by right clicking on the .qbw file.
- .qbw file in the new folder.
- If you want to share company files,
- Restart QuickBooks and open the file in the new location.
Solution 2: Copy QuickBooks file on the Desktop
- Launch the
- Search the file with .qbw extension.
- Copy .qbw file and paste it on the desktop.
- Hold and start QuickBooks then, Windows pops up the screen.
- Select and search the file that you have copied.
Solution 3: Give new names to .ND and .TLG files
- Firstly, of the company file.
- Search the files that have .ND and the .TLG extensions.
- Change the extensions by right clicking on it.
- The file extensions should have the word at the end.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Company File Tool
- Download and Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- If the tool finds the then you will have two options:
- Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to restore all the data.
- Restore the recent backed up company file.
- You can also to our Data Recovery Team.
Solution 5: Use UNC path in place of mapped drive
- Right click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Press and Hold ctrl key and select Run as administrator.
- Press the ctrl key till No Company Open Windows displays.
- Hold down the ctrl key that will prevent QuickBooks from auto opening a company file.
- In the file menu, select Open or Restore Company.
- select Open a Company File and choose Next.
- In the left plane, select Network and launch the location of the company file.
- Set the folder permissions, if you are unable to find the folder where you have saved the company file.
- Select the company file and click on OK.
Solution 6: Launch the company File nearby
- Launch the folder which contains your company file.
- Search the file with the extension .qbw.
- Copy .qbw file.
- Paste .qbw file on the desktop.
- Hold the ctrl key till No Company Open Window displays.
- Choose Open or restore an existing file.
- Search for the file you copied and launch it to the desktop.
If you are experiencing QuickBooks Error Code 6000 repeatedly and not able to resolve it by applying the above solutions on your own then, get in touch with our QuickBooks Experts at Accountant Squad on 1-888-502-0363.