QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is one of the errors faced by QuickBooks users. Usually, you can avoid many QuickBooks errors by using the latest version of QuickBooks accounting software.
Error code 80029c4a can occur due to various reasons such as –
- Missing or corrupted QuickBooks system file.
- Incomplete QB installation.
- Corrupted or damaged Windows registry.
- Damaged Windows system files.
- Corrupted QuickBooks Program files.
- Another program has deled QB files.
- A QuickBooks file has been falsely marked as infected.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
QuickBooks error 80029c4a can occur with these symptoms -
- Error message appears on the screen.
- QB gets crashed.
- Computer crashes suddenly.
- PC runs slowly or do not take commands.
- Windows become unresponsive.
- Your PC freezes frequently.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 80029c4a
Solutions that can help you in fixing QuickBooks error 80029c4a are given below. Follow clean install solution if error code 80029c4a is caused by QuickBooks 2016 R9 installation.
Update your Avast antivirus software
Update both your engine and virus definitions. Updating antivirus not only keeps your computer healthy and safe, but also decreases the chances of getting false positives.
Configure antivirus and firewall
Change the settings of the antivirus and firewall programs installed on your computer, so that no essential QB file gets blocked.
Follow the steps given below -
- Close QB, right-click QB Desktop icon and open properties.
- Through Properties, go to reboot.bat file.
- Run it as administrator. After the process is over, file will get closed.
- Reboot your computer.
- Use clean install to reinstall QuickBooks.
- Update QB.
- Close Company/Logoff from File menu.
- Do this for every opened company.
- Choose Exit in File menu.
- Run QB as administrator.
- Navigate to Help > Update QuickBooks > Options > Mark All button > Save.
- Choose Update Now > Reset Update > Get Updates.
- After update, close QB and again open it.
- Restart PC.
- Check whether you are still getting QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Uninstall or change a program.
- Select QB > Uninstall/Change > Next.
- Click Repair and wait for the process to be over.
- This process will repair your QuickBooks software.
Restart your computer after repair has been completed.
By applying solutions given above, you can troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. If this error is not resolved, get help from Accountant Squad’s certified professionals by calling them at this toll-free QuickBooks Customer Care number 1-888-502-0363.