QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error that occurs at the time of opening a company file. You will get the error message on your screen “Error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. Due to this error, the user has not been permitted to delete the files from the particular folder.
Why QuickBooks Error 80070057 appears?
- If there is a damage in the QuickBooks installation.
- When the company file gets damaged at the time of installation.
- Due to change in the file extension, you will be unable to access the company file.
- If the running file is placed on USB flash drive.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057
Follow the methods written below in order to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057:
Method 1: Configure BitDefender to allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Firstly, visit BitDefender 10.0 main menu and choose Antivirus.
- Select Custom Level.
- Open Scan and choose Exclude path.
- Choose the new item.
- Lastly, select the UNC path or mapped drive which is used to browse to the company file.
Method 2: Install & Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Visit the Intuit official Website.
- Search QuickBooks File Doctor and choose download.
- After that, choose download file.
- the installation.
Method 3: Check the company file name extension
- To launch the company file, right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
- Choose the QuickBooks tab.
- In the filename filed, type the File Extension.
- Select OK.
Adjust the File Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy the company file and save it to the new folder.
- Select Rename by Right-clicking on the new folder.
- Change the file extension to .qbm.
- the changes.
- the portable.
- the extension to .qbb only when you are experiencing issue while launching QuickBooks.
- the backup.
- Rename the extension to .qbx only if the company file is not accessible.
- Start QuickBooks convert to an Accounting copy.
In Flash drive, Copy and paste the file into another folder.
- Launch the Windows Explorer.
- on the folder and choose the New Folder.
- Copy and paste Companyfile.QBW in the new folder.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and launch the new folder.
In case, you are not capable to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 by any of the above solutions, then immediately talk to our Technical Experts at QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number on 1-888-502-0363.