How to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Switching to multi-user mode in QuickBooks from the single-user mode may sometimes lead to QuickBooks H505 Error. The error implies that QB has failed to connect to the server in the multi-user mode. One of the reasons that QuickBooks Error Code H505 may occur is that one or more workstations are set as host.
Why does QuickBooks Error H505 occur?
QuickBooks H505 Error can occur because -
- Network Data (.ND) file is not correct.
- Some essential QB services have stopped.
- Server’s IP address is unknown.
- Hosting settings are not optimized.
- Hosting mode of server is off.
- Firewall ports are not optimized to enable QB to communicate with the server.
- DNS settings are incorrect.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
- QB multi-user mode becomes non-functional.
- QB company file cannot be opened by multiple users.
- QuickBooks hangs with error code displaying on the screen.
- Windows hangs frequently.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error H505
You can apply the solutions given below to fix the error –
Solution No. 1
- Open QB on workstations, then in the File menu, click on Utilities.
- Choose Utilities under the File menu.
- See, if Host Multi-User Access option is there. Do not select it.
- If you find Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, then click on it.
- Now, go to server and open QB.
- Again, under Utilities, look for Host Multi-User Access option. If it is there, select it. If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is there, do not click on it.
Solution No. 2
- Go to Control Panel and then find Firewall Settings.
- Under the Firewall Settings, select Allow a Program through Firewall.
- Now, click on Add Program.
- Put QuickBooks 20xx under exceptions.
- Reboot your computer and check for QuickBooks Error H505.
Solution No. 3
- Open services.msc through Run, or if you are using Windows 10, through Task Manager. Pressing these keys simultaneously - Ctrl, Shift and Esc – opens the Task Manager and then you have to click Services tab.
- Go to QuickbooksDBXX service and open Properties by right clicking.
- If service is not Started or Running, click on the Start button. Set Startup type as Automatic.
- Choose Restart the Service for all failure options under Recovery tab.
Above solutions should resolve QuickBooks Error H505. But, if it is not fixed, call tech experts at Accountant Squad by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number 1-888-502-0363 to avail fast troubleshooting. QuickBooks support professionals are available round the clock to fix all types of QuickBooks errors and issues.