A user of QuickBooks accounting software may get QuickBooks error PS033 when he or she is downloading a payroll update or while trying to open a QB company file
QuickBooks error code PS033 appears on the user’s PC screen with the following message – QB is unable to read the payroll setup files.
Why QuickBooks error PS033 occurs?
PS033 QuickBooks error usually occurs when a file in the CPS folder has been damaged. Other causes that can lead to this error are -
- Payroll subscription is inactive.
- There is more than one active payroll in the non-active Direct Deposit agreement.
- Damaged or corrupted QB paysub.ini file.
- QuickBooks data is damaged.
- You are not using the updated QuickBooks.
- A service key is incorrect.
- The EIN of a company file is not correct or not valid.
- Some problem with internet has caused issues with downloading of Payroll.
- PSID in QB company file is not correct.
- There is a compatibility issue between the Microsoft Windows version and the QuickBooks version that a user is using.
- Payroll subscription status in the QB Service Keys screen shows - Invalid number or EIN.
How to resolve QuickBooks error PS033?
To resolve PS033 QuickBooks error, you can apply the solutions given here below -
Solution No. 1: Download payroll update
- First of all, go to Employees.
- After this, click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Now, select the option - Download entire payroll update.
- Finally, click on the Update button.
Solution No. 2: Rename folder
- Navigate to the CPS folder which is located in the program files.
- Do a right click on the CPS folder.
- From the list that opens up, select Rename.
- Type the word - CPSOLD.
- After you are done with renaming, you have to update the QB payroll tax table.
- Check whether QuickBooks error code PS033 is appearing or not.
Solution No. 3: Turn off UAC
- Open User Accounts in classic view.
- Go to Change user account control settings.
- Move the slider to Never Notify and click on the Ok button to turn off User Account Control.
- Restart PC.
- Now, see if you are getting QuickBooks error PS033.
Solution #4: Restart in safe mode and update
- First use, Verify and Rebuild Data feature of QB.
- After that, you have to update QB to latest release.
- Restart PC in safe mode.
- After the computer has restarted, you have to update the QB payroll tax table.
Again, restart your PC.
If you are having any difficulty in applying any of the above given solutions, or if you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error PS033, contact QuickBooks Payroll Error Support professionals at Accountant Squad by calling their 24/7 toll-free helpline no. 1-888-502-0363.