If your QuickBooks desktop won’t open or is not working, then, you are in the right place. We will discuss about the causes and the symptoms of this issue. QuickBooks is a great financial software for business but sometimes, it encounters many problems like when “QuickBooks won’t open “.
The problem of “QuickBooks won’t open” arises when your software is outdated or this may happen because of technical errors. Therefore, we always recommend you to update your software to the latest version which will help to prevent these issues.
Following are the causes behind QuickBooks won’t open
- If the name of your company is too long.
- When the version of your software is out of dated.
- If the company QuickBooks is corrupted.
- In case the hard drive of the system is damaged.
- The main cause of QuickBooks won t open is the corruption or damage in the files.
- If the data of your QuickBooks is corrupted then it may lead you to this issue.
Symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error
- When you are running multiple applications at the same time, your QuickBooks frozen.
- If the QuickBooks is not installed properly in your desktop.
- If you can’t access the company file.
- If you are getting the slow response from the keyboard and mouse click.
Solutions to get rid of QuickBooks won’t open
Solution 1: Restart your computer
You have to restart your computer so that all the processes which are running in the background close and then you can again launch QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Re-press the QuickBooks desktop application
Step 1: Press the ctrl key until “No Company Open” will pop up on the window.
Step 2: Select a company file, then you have to select Open.
Solution 3: Adjust the installation of your QuickBooks desktop
To adjust the application of your QuickBooks desktop, you have to run repair to replace all damaged installation files.
Solution 4: Access the QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool
First, you need to download the QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool. It will help you to rectify your errors which you can receive at the time of opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download and install QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool.
- Next, you have to save the file to the local desktop.
- Then run QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool after closing every running application. It can take 20 minutes to complete or it may depend on your internet speed.
- Restart your computer to see whether the components are properly updated or not.
Solution 5: Install QB Refresher tool
After installing QB refresher tool, you can easily run your QuickBooks and it also performs mini-repair to check that the things are in proper order.
The solutions which are mentioned above will help you to fix “QuickBooks won’t open”. If you are trying to resolve this or any other QuickBooks related issue then you may contact us at our QuickBooks Error Tech Support 1.888.502.0363 which is Toll free 24*7