QuickBooks is accounting software which helps all the small and medium scale enterprises solve all their accounting problems. In this article, we will guide you through basic steps to verify and rebuild utility in QuickBooks Desktop Support.
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data utility
- Visit the File menu, then select Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- On the QuickBooks Information window, choose OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
Note: Your computer may show QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse cursor move, Rebuild is still ongoing. Wait for it to finish.
- Press OK when you see Rebuild has completed.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data utility
- Visit the File menu, then choose Utilities > Verify Data.
- If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, tap on OK. You may continue using your company file.
- If Verify finds any problem with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Click Close, then perform the steps below.
Important: Proceed with the steps given below if you are comfortable in reviewing the QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log file. Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
Note: In case you are working with a support agent, visit the Tech Help window (press F2, then F3 on your keyboard). Visit the Open File tab, highlight the log file, then, choose to Send log files to Intuit support. This will send the file to a repository that will enable the support agent to view your log files.
- Check the log file.
- For Windows: Search (press Ctrl+F on your keyboard) for BEGIN VERIFY, then, navigate the latest file (logs are in date order with the latest at the bottom).
- For Mac: Scroll all the way to the bottom for the latest Verify information
- Find the line that comprises the LVL_ERROR, then check Top data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop or search it in the QuickBooks Learn & Support site.
Note: Errors in both log files might not be exactly the same but are presented in the same format.
Additional Data Damage Troubleshooting for Mac
Re-sorting the lists helps you keep your records in an order form. In case you have changed the order of it on your own, then re-sorting might help drastically.
Delete memorized reports or transactions
Step 1: Visit the Reports menu, then choose Report Center.
Step 2: Choose the report you want to delete, then, tap on the name once.
Step 3: Tap on the red X, then OK to delete the memorized report.
Step 1: Visit the List menu, then, click on Memorized Transactions.
Step 2: Click on the transaction you want to delete.
Step 3: Visit the Edit menu, then, click on Delete Memorized Transaction.
Step 4: Select OK to delete the memorized transaction.